Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Small Motor Seasonal Starting Saga Solved?

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In ,
wrote:

(...)

That is what I was thinking. I remembered the bad old days of
carburated cars, when winter starts were difficult and summer
starts were relatively easy. I envisioned raw gas puddling in
the cylinder vs. gas vapor doing the 'ignition thing'.

I never had this problem with automobiles, probably (I guess) because I
always bought the largest battery that would fit, all the better to
crank with.

Well, my carburated cars would turn over and start properly.
It's just that cold weather running required a lot of 'foot nursing'
on the skinny pedal to keep them from konking out until they were
warm enough to effectively vaporize fuel. It took a couple minutes
at most but it was still an irritation.

I *love* fuel injection.

--Winston