Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

On May 10, 10:44*am, JIMMIE wrote:

If I had a large number *of them to do I would lay out all the cut
lines on them a lay them side by side then cut as many as I could in
one pass with a circular saw then flip and cut the other side.

The idea is to not hump more than you have to - that way you'll last
longer. The saw is far lighter and easier to move than a 6x6. The
routine is to mark the length on the 6x6 then cut with the saw in your
right hand and a speed square as a fence in your left...if you're
using a circular saw. If you're using a chainsaw, you really can't/
shouldn't line them up side by side anyway.

Will probably take a 12 in saw to do it in two passes without having to
finish with a hand saw .....dont think they are terribly expensive to rent.