Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lawn mower blades

As fast as they spin, the balancing is important, also. I've
seen mowers out of balance, it's not fun.

I put a nail in the wall, leave an inch or so unpounded.
Hang the blade on that. Side to side, like a bow tie. Let
go. The end that goes down needs more grinding.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message

I'd start with 20 degrees (I think) - that's the angle
you're suposed to
hold your Boy Scout knife while stoning it.

But I once bought a mobile home that came with the mower,
and the blade
was BLUNT! A buddy across town had a wheel that he mounted
in his hand
drill, and eyeballed it, and it made a world of differencce!

Cheers!
Rich