Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Josepi[_17_] Josepi[_17_] is offline

Default Lawn mower blades

I have 20" carbide blades on my 21" self-propelled mower. I thought I would
try them before spending $90 on a set of mulching carbide blades. I am not
sure if they are available anymore.

"Gerry" wrote in message
Many years ago when I was clearing property with a Gravely two wheel
tractor, I used hard surface welding rod to build up the cutting edge
of the 30" mower. Never had to sharpen that blade again. One time I
hit a piece of RR track buried in an anthill. Busted a two inch chunk
from the RR iron but the blade did not even get a nick. Been 45 years
ago and I do not remember what rod I used, just that I used an
electric rod but applied it with a torch.