Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Lawn mower blades

On Mon, 09 May 2011 18:10:14 -0500, Wayne
wrote:

My lawn mower blades get dinged up real good by sticks and small rocks.
Grinding them takes me a long time, 2 blades, 4 edges.
Is there any reason why I couldn't set up the angle in the mill
and clean them up with an end mill?
I would think this would be a lot faster.
I could always grind in the final edge.

If this isn't a good idea, then everyone should forget I asked a stupid
question.

Wayne D.

Try it. Let us know if it saves time. My guess is it will take longer
unless you got a nifty quick way to mount at an angle. Of course, I
have a nice six inch bench grinder with a coarse stone. If you got a
smaller grinder, the mill may come out faster.