Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

On May 8, 6:47*pm, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote:
James wrote:
Will a *12 inch, *non-reciprocating miter saw cut *6 *x 6 * beams in
one pass ??? * *I know it would be close, but I would like to hear
from someone who has done it. *Again, can it cut in one pass, so as
to get a perfectly smooth cut ?

Thanks !!

Late to the party, but just saw this today. *What you need is a Beam Saw

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...SXEc400HM.html

An interesting collection of power tools for working big lumber, but not
cheap

--
PV

If you can't fix it with a hammer.......you have an electrical problem

Those won't work for the OP. He has stated in no uncertain terms that
he won't use a chainsaw.

Since those beam cutters are nothing more (said with jest) than
electric chain saws, he won't be using one of those.

He's made up his mind. Don't go confusing him with facts.