Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Wood preservative for in-ground & near in-ground use

On May 7, 10:35*pm, blueman wrote:
The local borg used to sell a jug of green copper-based fence post
preservative that smelled nasty but seemed to do a good job of
preventing rot on fence posts.

I went to HD tonight and in my area (Mass), they no longer seem to carry
*any* fence post preservative -- they only had various clear deck
sealants. I imagine this is due to various environmental phobias.

So, what do people recommend now to get the maximum protection for (non
pressure-treated) wood that is in ground contact?

Thanks

Check with stores most likely to carry it, farm supply store, Grange,
fertilyzer plants, garden centers, etc. Let your fingers do the
walking.

Harry K