Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Small Motor Seasonal Starting Saga Solved?

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Joseph wrote in message

(...)

That should certainly work, but the squirt of ether from an aerosol can
seems easier, and is needed once per season.

It sounds like you have it licked. Whatever works, when it comes to small
engines.

I find that any 2 stroke motor (found in chainsaws and weed-wackers
for example) start *much* more easily when I (very carefully!) warm
it's cylinder casting with a small propane torch before pulling the
starter cord.

Normally, I stop warming when the casting is detectably warm to the
touch, probably ~ 100 - 150 F.

It makes the 'nearly impossible' easy.

--Winston -- Keeps an extinguisher handy, too.