Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

On 5/7/2011 11:22 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On May 7, 10:29 pm, Steve wrote:
On 5/7/2011 6:25 AM, James wrote: Harry, I will not use a chainsaw, because as I said, I have seen steps cut
with a chainsaw and I don't like the look. Perhaps most folks would, but I
don't, and my project will look better when it is completed.

And, the purpose of the drill press has nothing to do with drill accuracy...
it has to do with speed and manpower. I have MANY steps thurs many holes
to drill for these steps.... I think that drilling perhaps 400-500 holes
ten inches deep, would justify "considering" a drill press.

James

it CERTAINLY won't be faster with a drill press. I'd get an auger bit
and a gas powered drill.

Probably simpler to just use a generator. I've never seen a gas
powered drill, but I imagine they'd be fun to use.

http://www.stihlusa.com/construction/augerdrill.html

http://tinyurl.com/3dddglb (tanaka)

--
Steve Barker