Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

On May 7, 6:25*am, "James" wrote:
Harry, I will not use a chainsaw, because as I said, I have seen steps cut
with a chainsaw and I don't like the look. *Perhaps most folks would, but I
don't, and my project will look better when it is completed.

And, the purpose of the drill press has nothing to do with drill accuracy....
it has to do with speed and manpower. * I have MANY steps thurs many holes
to drill for these steps.... * *I think that drilling perhaps 400-500 holes
ten inches deep, would justify "considering" a drill press.

James

What you need is a Milwaukee Hole Hawg and a ship auger of the
appropriate size. Unfortunately, Milwaukee self feed bits don't come
is the smaller sizes you need.
Look over the bits and such in the section of plumbers and
electricians specialties at your box store.

Joe