Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Cabinet Touch Sensitive Light Switch Activating Itself?

On Fri, 6 May 2011 19:05:14 -0600, Larry Jaques wrote
(in article ):

On Fri, 6 May 2011 08:30:38 -0600, Bruce wrote:

Imagine a return to full intensity after a power outage caused by an
earthquake. Some of the lamps would be on the floor, or maybe on top
of a stack of papers... (Sorry, ex-Californian mindset.)

Yep, scary thought!

Time for a switch to CFL or LED, Bruce. HI lights are a fire hazard
as well as a complete waste of electricity.

I agree, sorta. The chandelier above the dining room table just wouldn't
provide the same 'atmosphere' with CFLs, neither would the fish tank.
Besides, I've spent more on 1000 hour CFLs that I've save in electricty. Some
seem to last a long time, most seem to die in their youth (both the el-cheapo
imports and some higher dollar 'quality' bulbs).

LEDs are getting there, they just need to come down a bit in price. The new
replacements for the LV halogens have my interest.

I now keep the 'power outage indicating' touch-dimmers switched 'off' when
not in use. As remodeling continues, these get replaced with dimmers that are
more functional than exotic....

-Bruce

--
I dislike arguments of any kind. They