Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

jamesgangnc wrote in
:

On May 6, 3:33*pm, "James" wrote:
Thanks for the nice replies.... I made a mistake in using the word
non-reciprocating... I meant non-sliding.... *one chap caught
that....

What is the next size, after 12 *inch ? * * Does it go to *14, or

larger ?

BTW, will be cutting dozens of 6 x 6 *beams, so could cut down on
work

if we
had a saw that can cut in one pass.

Am building outside steps on a slope, in the mountains. *Will build
"squares" *out of beams, and stake them in the ground with rebar. *Wi

ll nail
beam squares together wtih 10 inch galvanized spiral nails. *For the
project, it will require a lot of drilling. Thinking about buying a
basic drill press to drill pilot holes first.

James

If you building stairs out of them then the cut quality is not that
important. Use a chain saw.

Bingo!

Even a cheap electric one.