Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???

On May 6, 10:47*am, "James" wrote:
Will a *12 inch, *non-reciprocating miter saw cut *6 *x 6 * beams in one
pass ??? * *I know it would be close, but I would like to hear from someone
who has done it. *Again, can it cut in one pass, so as to get a perfectly
smooth cut ?

Thanks !!

James

Do you mean a non-sliding miter saw?

I've never heard of a reciprocating miter saw, so I'm pretty confident
in stating that *all* miter saws are non-reciprocating.

In fact, a reciprocating miter saw sounds really scary!

Besides, you'd be amazed at what a belt sander can do to clean up any
ridges left from a cut made from multiple sides.