Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Cabinet Touch Sensitive Light Switch Activating Itself?

On Thu, 5 May 2011 19:20:43 -0600, RonB wrote
(in article
):

About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two
internal halogen puck lamps. The lamps are controlled by a small,
round, dome shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch
adjusts from low, medium to high intensity with gentle touch. During
the past week or so I have noticed the lamps are turned onto the low
intensity without the switch being touched. We have experienced at
least one brief power interruption during this period.

Has anyone had experience with these types of switches doing this? I
am assuming there are no safety concerns.

The touch dimmers in our house always go full-on after a brief power outage.
It's nice to know that all your high intensity lights have been full on for
24/7 after returning from a vacation.....

-Bruce

RonB