Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default 7/16 x 20 square nut

On Fri, 06 May 2011 06:18:39 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Thu, 05 May 2011 15:27:36 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Title about says it. I need a 7/16 x 20 square nut.

Do I have to make my own? No joy at fastenall or mcmaster.

Karl

I can't recall ever seeing a square nut in a fine thread, only coarse.
Are you replacing existing?

Pete Keillor

Yep. On my 8N tractor there are two nut keepers with square fine
thread 7/16 nuts to bolt body to frame by the lower raditor. I guess I
*could* buy the whole frame piece. Not going to happen.

"Midas" added a couple more items to the 8N rebuild yesterday. While I
have it apart I Midas well put in electronic ignition. And if the
igintion is completely replaced I Midas well put a new carburator on
too.

We painted the castings two days ago and I'm on final assembly.

Karl

karl