Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer[_2_] The Wanderer[_2_] is offline

Default Surging Pressure Washer

On Thu, 05 May 2011 22:26:23 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 5 May 2011 20:12:23 +0100, The Wanderer wrote:

p.s. Not using Hozelock 'Waterstop' connectors by any chance?

I also had this problem, and in the end it turned out to be using
waterstop connectors on the inlet.

I can't work out why waterstop connectors are supposed to be a
problem or if they are how. When connected the male spigot physicaly
pushes the valve open, no way can it be sucked shut.

On the face of it, I've got to agree with you, there shouldn't be a
problem. Except that from personal experience I can say there is! I can
only think that the whole arrangement (the spigot, the rubber seal, the
actual clearance when open) restricts the flow into the pump.

--
The Wanderer

Meditate! It's better than sitting doing nothing.