Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Cabinet Touch Sensitive Light Switch Activating Itself?

On May 5, 8:51*pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:
RonB wrote:
About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two
internal halogen puck lamps. *The lamps are controlled by a small,
round, dome shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch
adjusts from low, medium to high intensity with gentle touch. *During
the past week or so I have noticed the lamps are turned onto the low
intensity without the switch being touched. *We have experienced at
least one brief power interruption during this period.

Has anyone had experience with these types of switches doing this? *I
am assuming there are no safety concerns.

RonB

Did you try to touch them and see if they change intensity?

--

-Mike-

Yes. They seem to be working fine otherwise.

RonB