Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default What are the best kitchen counter materials

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
It was a while back, so I can't say for sure they all were polished both
sides, this particular piece was.

That reminds me of a home improvement show I viewed some months ago. The
home owner picked out of piece of granite for his kitchen and sent it off to
be cut and polished. When it was delivered, he realized he'd told the
granite company to polish the wrong side. Since the piece of granite he had
picked out was cut with a shortened 45 degree bend in it, the polished side
up had the bend going 180 degrees in the wrong direction. The home owner
lucked out though. Someone else like the faulty piece enough that they
bought it for just a little less then retail cost.