Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What are the best kitchen counter materials

On Thu, 05 May 2011 07:56:21 -0700, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Note the plural.

Since the average American moves frequently, and the average house is not
built to last for very long, I wouldn't worry too much about longevity.
I like the looks of stone (or brick?) but claims that it will last
forever don't do much for me. The cabinets holding it up will
disintegrate a long time before the stone does :-).

And then there's cost, which you don't mention. Hard to beat laminate
there and it lasts long enough for me.

But based *only* on looks I'd go for tile or face brick.