Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surging Pressure Washer

On 04/05/2011 17:56, Roger Mills wrote:
On 03/05/2011 23:46, John Rumm wrote:

What happens if you disconnect the pressure hose and let water squire
out the output spout - does it still surge?

I'm not sure that would tell you very much, because it wouldn't be able
to produce any back pressure. I would expect it to pee water out
continuously even if (say) the by-pass valve were faulty.

It would confirm the supply is adequate.

But the OP has already said that he gets good flow (without a nozzle)
when operating the trigger without switching the machine on - as one
does to purge the pipework of air.
--
Cheers,
Roger