Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default LED bulb

On May 5, 12:52*am, "DGDevin" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" *wrote in ...
Lets see. If we had filament bulbs, we would not need the
power conditioners?

Like a lot of older electrical/electronic hardware, such bulbs are quite
tolerant of poor quality electrical supply. *Newer electronic gear--not so
much. *But the point is CFLs and LEDs burn a small fraction of the power of
incandescent bulbs, and in case it's escaped your attention burning fossil
fuels has some notable drawbacks including cost and pollution.

Trust liberals. Because welfare didn't work, we now need
AFDC, SSI, SSD, Medicare, Medicade, and child health plus.

Leave it to a bargain-basement ideologue to miss the point. *If you want to
pay more for your electricity, go on using incandescent bulbs. *We slashed
our power bill by using CFLs with no drawbacks I can see, and I'll be happy
to try LEDs when the price is right. *You can go on burning kerosene or
whatever it is you do, and don't forget to check under your bed for liberals
before you go to sleep.

I HAVE SEEN SINLGE LED BI-PIN LAMPS ON A TRACKLIGHT SYSTEM..IT LOOKED
NICE & THE LIGHT WAS SUFFICIENT AT NIGHT...BUT SOME LEDS I HAVE SEEN
WORKING IN DAYLIGHT ARE INSUFFICIENT.

SOMEONE COME & ASK ME MY NAME
Taken back by surprise, what I saw with my eyes, this girl really
loves this guy !

THERE'LL BE NO MUTANT ENEMY ! POLITICAL ENDS AND SUB-REMAINS SHALL
DIE !

TGITM