Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default LED bulb

"DGDevin" wrote in
m:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I know a guy who's built up quite a business replacing florescent
tube lights in parking decks with direct drop in LED replacement
lamps and he's doing a great deal of business. The owners have
decided it's a good return on their investment.

Our neighbor owns a nightclub and has replaced most of his stage
lighting with LED units which not only burn way less power but don't
generate nearly as much heat which the performers really appreciate.
He even thinks it's saving him money on air conditioning since the new
lights are producing so much less heat. It sure looks like the way
lighting will go.

It sounds great, and I will keep it in mind, but $60/tube for a 4 ft
fixture that likely needs 2 tubes to work well enough? At 1/3 the price
I'll consider a few replacements, but I guess that'll be a few years off

I did pay $40 for a 3-light LED undercabinet light. At 1.5 W/LED, I can
afford continuous light on my kitchen counter without the overheads.
--
Best regards
Han