Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default LED bulb

On 5/4/2011 3:55 PM, Larry Fishel wrote:
On May 4, 2:30 pm, wrote:
Googled this up at HD:

http://tinyurl.com/4xx897u

Interesting that the stated power consumption for this bulb is
actually HIGHER that for a 40W equivalent CFL...

A lot of light being wasted in a filter to improve the color?

I was wondering about that but had not looked up the comparison.
I don't know a lot about electronics but do know that LED's need direct
current so part of the extra energy may be in the AC/DC conversion.

I would worry about the color too. I had bought a couple of CFL's that
put out such white light that I could not use them indoors and had to
consign them to the front porch.