Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default LED bulb

mike wrote the following:
HeyBub wrote:
willshak wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote the following:
I bought an LED bulb today for my frequently used reading lamp. It's
rated at equivalent to 40 watts and to last 46 years. That's about
ten times what I am likely to last. The brightness is good and it
comes on instantly. It can also be used with a dimmer.

Did you have a question?
My house is loaded with CFLs. From desk lamps to living room lamps, to
ceiling fixtures, to outside lamps.
I started years ago when they first became available. The first ones
were huge and I only used them as utility lamps in closets, basement
stairwells, the attic, and the garage.

He has an LED lamp, not CFL, and is thereby protected from mercury
poisoning.

What's your estimate of the amount of mercury that leaks out of a CFL
in a decade?

I, and many others of my age, have played with mercury as a kid in the
1940s.
Rub it on a coin and it shined it up.
I'm not sure, but we might have even tasted it.
I remember busting the long florescent bulbs.
There is nothing wrong with me now.
Will someone answer that telephone??

--

Bill