Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default LED bulb

On 5/4/2011 2:09 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

I bought an LED bulb today for my frequently used reading lamp. It's
rated at equivalent to 40 watts and to last 46 years. That's about ten
times what I am likely to last. The brightness is good and it comes on
instantly. It can also be used with a dimmer.

I was just talking to our electrician about those, he's been selling a
lot of LED lighting lately and the only bug so far is failures
apparently being caused by dirty power so to speak--spikes and surges
and noise. He's looking at selling whole-house power conditioners as
a result. I expect to replace our CFLs with LED within a couple of
years once the price is more reasonable.

The first CFLs I bought didn't last 1/2 as long as claimed. The second
generation seemed to be more reliable.

Jim