Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default LED bulb

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

I bought an LED bulb today for my frequently used reading lamp. It's
rated at equivalent to 40 watts and to last 46 years. That's about ten
times what I am likely to last. The brightness is good and it comes on
instantly. It can also be used with a dimmer.

I was just talking to our electrician about those, he's been selling a lot
of LED lighting lately and the only bug so far is failures apparently being
caused by dirty power so to speak--spikes and surges and noise. He's
looking at selling whole-house power conditioners as a result. I expect to
replace our CFLs with LED within a couple of years once the price is more
reasonable.