Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Anybody here machine 17-4ph HH-1150?

PrecisionmachinisT wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Tue, 3 May 2011 10:54:00 -0700:

Be careful when turning though, esp on a manual machine--the chips are
usually long and quite stringy and very sharp and they will cut you quite
badly given the slightest provocation oftentimes requiring stitches even.

And how! I have to put chips from my machines into a spinner to
recover the cutting oil, and I have to be very careful when dumping
out the spinner basket. One small thread around your finger could
skin you to the bone.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.