Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Can you use white for one leg of 240V circuit?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 5/2/2011 5:24 PM, RBM wrote:

--** If you look in 250-140 of any newer code book is shows what "was"
acceptable for electric dryers

Could be; I don't have a copy...

Doesn't really matter; the old rules are no longer in effect but did seem
worthy to correct the idea that somehow all those earlier installations
were not Code-compliant at the time and only were allowed by (essentially)
dishonest inspections passing violations.

--
** What we have here, is a total misconception of the code on the part of
some of these posters. The rules for non insulated neutral/ground use on