Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old style filament lamps?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck is a Lying Pig "

Sorry, Phil... How are you going to get out of this one?

http://www.homedepot.com/EcoSmart/h_...atalogId=10053

One buck apiece.

The posted reviews are mostly highly negative. I've had no trouble
with any of the Home Depot CFLs I've bought -- including these.

** My post was:

" A CFL that **genuinely replaces** a 100W bulb cost
at lot more than $2.50 where I live."

Then you post an example of CFLs that are total crap.
Lasting only weeks and producing no where near the light
of a 100W bulb. And you cannot even divide 8 by 4 and get
it right. **** OFF you bloody IMBECILE !!

The only way to defend yourself against imbeciles is to speak the truth.

I haven't measured the output of a "100W" CFL. However, they're subjectively
quite bright, on the borderline of "too bright to stare at".

Are they as bright as a 100W incandescent? The light is spread over a larger
area, so it might not look as intense. Regardless, the opinions of some
reviewers that these are not "truly" 100W equivalents are suspect.

I have exactly the same four-bulb package shown. All the EcoSmart CFLs I've
bought have given good service -- at least one year of several-hours-daily
operation -- including the one in my den, which runs upside-down. When they
"die", they start erratically and fail shortly afterwards.

Why, Phil, do you want people to think you're a sociopath? Are you afraid
people might not respect you?

One of these days, you're going to run into someone less tolerant than the
people in this group, and he'll smash your head in. No doubt your dying
words will be "I was just joking". Well, I'm not amused, nor is anyone else
here.

Why don't you just join Bin Laden? You're probably too old for him, but one
never knows. Perhaps the two of you can drop in on Chris and Satan.