Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Vietnamese Marshall

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"
"Phil Allison"

I'll let you know if they are for the same amp.

OK. Noted.

** I have all the schems now and they are certainly for the same amp.

Only thing I can spot different is that 630mA HT fuse shown in the
output of the bridge rectifier where I see it fitted in the AC input.
Makes no difference to the rms current flow in the part.

Fair enough. I'll know if one crosses my bench ...

** Update: On careful perusing of the schems, I see a more differences
compared to the Vietnamese one I have.

1. The Vietnamese have used 12V LED bulbs instead of 12 volt filament
lamps.

2. The power and output transformers carry quite different numbers.

3. The EL34s have their heaters wired in parallel rather than series
parallel.

The Vietnamese Marshalls seem to be special versions or clones of the
similar UK models.

.... Phil

Interesting. As Vietnam is your end of the world, I wonder if they are a
version specially assembled there for the Oz market, to avoid the costs of
shipping such heavy items all the way from the UK. I'll see if I can probe
around any Marshall contacts to find out if they know anything.

Arfa