Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling all birthers

On Mon, 02 May 2011 06:25:01 +0700, J. D. Slocomb
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:22:25 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:37:43 -0700

Blink blink...blink....Doug..you are not THAT stupid...are you?

Doug is completely right and you are completely wrong. The
constitution does not require or mention birth certificates to be a president.

Heads up boys..it mentions Natural Born Citizen...

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth
the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United
States:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United
States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be
eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be
eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of
thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United
States.

The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provided
an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who
were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution. (The
first several Presidents prior to Martin van Buren, as well as potential
Presidential candidates, were born as British subjects in British
America before the American Revolution and this grandfather clause would
cover them.)[1]

And a lot of "natural born Citizens" had no birth certificates, as
they were born at home. Some of them may even still be alive, for all
I know. I wonder how many hippie kids had no birth certificate
issued, as Mom & Dad were hippies and didn't want anything to do with
"The Man"?

I have known people who in order to get a "birth certificate" had to
get baptismal records and have them certified as to a record of birth.
In my own case when I entered the service I was asked for a birth
certificate and had to go to the Town Clerk for mine. He asked me for
my birth date and looked in a big book. , "nobody here with your name,
here look" and I found the official record of my birth "Baby boy
Slocomb" it said, right there in black and white. I told the Town
Clerk that "this is me!" so he scratched out the "baby boy" and
entered my name and then typed out a birth certificate and stamped it
and I joined the Air force.

One of my kids has an official Louisiana birth certificate which is a
photograph of the document held in the State Capital, another got a
real paper certificate from the state of Ohio and I disremember where
the other one's is.

The point is that they are all not the same and making an assessment
of "it don't look right" isn't really very meaningful.

Besides.... he is the President so muttering and complaining isn't
going to do any good.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)

Because a fraud artist has the money..no one can go after him?

Really???

Fascinating

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is