Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default Name of plug in US

On 2011-04-30, Man-wai Chang wrote:
We may both be wrong..
They look like RCA But they are in fact imports used on Antenna
Connections to Signal Amplifiers.

It's the TV antennae cable plug being used in Hong Kong, which was ruled
by UK before 1997. It's not RCA, the pin is shorter.

I wanna know the TECHNICAL name of that plug design.

When not called "tv coaxial antenna plug" (or some variation thereof)
I've heard it called called "Belling-Lee" or "PAL" (neither of which
are technically accurate).

compared to F connectors it has the advantage of withstanding more
insertion cycles, but the disadvantage of poor impedance matching.

Wikipedia suggests it is standardised as "IEC 169-2"

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural