Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default SOS - SCREAMING COMPUTER!

On Apr 29, 9:39*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
My guru is not here, so I don't know what to do! *My computer (PC, 5+
years old; well-behaved), has started SCREAMING every few minutes.
It wants something, or is warning me of something.

Turning to knowledgeable NG members: *Did you ever experience this?
What might it mean?

I just paid a consultant pretty fair bux about two months ago to
upgrade, so I'm tapped out, computer-wise, but
scared to death I might be hearing a death rattle.

SOS!

HB

There are 2 to 3 fans in the PC...these are most likely what is
screaming (a dry bearing type of scream).