Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Paul[_14_] Paul[_14_] is offline

Default Name of plug in US

Man-wai Chang wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

The UK version is mentioned here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug

"Belling-Lee connector or IEC 169-2 connector,
more often simply known as TV aerial plug"

A lot of my wiring here (Canada), is done with F series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector

The RCA / Cinch connector is also a common
connector type on home electronics, being used
for audio and video. Compared to the Belling-Lee,
the central prong is longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

The antenna connector in my car, is like none
of those, so there is at least one other flavor,
and the prong on that one is even longer. I've
not succeeded in finding a match for it. (Antenna
rusted off car, so currently the car has no antenna.
I get an extra mile per gallon that way :-) )

Paul