Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default Old style filament lamps?

In article 94b2fa10-76cc-46af-b62e-bea8584c896c@
18g2000prd.googlegroups.com, says...
My torchieres were designed to fit 50-100-150 W bulbs. No one makes a
globe or bullet brightness equivalent, much less a three-way CFL. I
tried a "100 W equivalent" twisty bulb, and promptly brushed it
against the ceiling, turning my living room into a hazmat scene.

3-way CFL's do exist. I have several. In the US, Target and WalMart sell
a GE branded one. Sylvania also makes one that you can find at home
improvement stores. There are also several store-brand models.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross