Posted to alt.home.repair
wf3h[_2_] wf3h[_2_] is offline

Default fixing lawnmower deck shroud

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:02:19 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Sure-- I can see several different 'bends' in my head. Each might
take a different approach;
3 lb hammer ; 12" crescent wrench and a 3' pipe ; hydraulic jack & a
2x4 ; chain and a tree-- and since the mower might not have the
traction that '55 chevy did, maybe add a truck and another chain.

Put that stump to work-- back over it, dropping the deck at the right
moment & it might pop things back in place.

Jim

one of my coworkers, who has extensive experience with j. deere,
suggested a torch and hammer....might have to do that