Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fixing lawnmower deck shroud

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2011 10:11 PM, wf3h wrote:
have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Any competent tractor shop will have the skillset and tools to fix you
right up. Even pro lawn services run over the occasional concrete block
hiding in tall grass.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wf3h wrote the following:
have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

I use a hammer.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Sure-- I can see several different 'bends' in my head. Each might
take a different approach;
3 lb hammer ; 12" crescent wrench and a 3' pipe ; hydraulic jack & a
2x4 ; chain and a tree-- and since the mower might not have the
traction that '55 chevy did, maybe add a truck and another chain.

Put that stump to work-- back over it, dropping the deck at the right
moment & it might pop things back in place.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Heat from a torch and a big hammer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:52:09 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 4/28/2011 10:11 PM, wf3h wrote:
have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Any competent tractor shop will have the skillset and tools to fix you
right up. Even pro lawn services run over the occasional concrete block
hiding in tall grass.

yeah i think i might have to do this...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:02:19 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Sure-- I can see several different 'bends' in my head. Each might
take a different approach;
3 lb hammer ; 12" crescent wrench and a 3' pipe ; hydraulic jack & a
2x4 ; chain and a tree-- and since the mower might not have the
traction that '55 chevy did, maybe add a truck and another chain.

Put that stump to work-- back over it, dropping the deck at the right
moment & it might pop things back in place.

Jim

one of my coworkers, who has extensive experience with j. deere,
suggested a torch and hammer....might have to do that
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud.
any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Back over the stump??
Seriously, once they are sprung they can be very difficult to get back
to shape - how bad? Pictures??

Help fixing the finish on my oil stained deck jeff37 Home Repair 7 May 3rd 08 02:05 PM
747 Lawnmower ?..............Yes, this is real, a flying Lawnmower [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 14th 06 06:22 PM
The Holy Shroud gacrux UK diy 0 April 19th 05 04:00 PM
Need help fixing lawnmower pull cord Home Repair 4 August 26th 04 04:12 PM