Ed

Default Bosch 1278VS mini belt sander belt problems

"Ed" wrote in message
. com...
I purchased a Bosch 1278VS sander and am having problems with the
Bosch Sanding belts. The belts overheat, the glue on the belt weakens
and they break. This happens after just a few min of use and renders
the belt useless even though they are nowhere near being used up. The
cost quickly adds up.

It seems that just the friction of the belt on the sander is enough to
heat it up to the breaking point. I'm not sure if this is a defect in
the sander or the belts but the tool is almost useless to me like
this.

Are there any belts out there that will work on this piece of...
equipment?

3m makes good belts. the purple ones are pricy, but very good quality.

klingspoor makes a good belt for a bit less money.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately it looks like Bosch is the
only supplier for belts this size. I saw on Amazon.com two reviews of
the belts that mentioned the exact same problem. I wrote Bosch and
have yet to get a reply. I'll let you know if they have a solution but
if they don't I'd probably advise against purchasing this product...