Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Replacing control board in Carrier 58TUA Furnace

In article ,
"Colbyt" wrote:

"Rebecca" wrote in message
The quote from the HVAC service that I have been using for 7 years is
a whopping $1700 - 1900 to replace the control board on my furnace
(the ignitor is not getting any power). However, I'm seeing the
replacement kit (by Carrier) online at about $300-500 from various
sites. Based on anyone's experience, what should this *realistically*
be costing me for labor?

Thanks!

My non Carrier control board was $200 with no discount. I found it easier
to replace than a main board in a computer since all the connecters were
unique. Something a well trained monkey could do.

Sure, but training a monkey usually costs $1700-$1900, so he wouldn't
really be ahead.

You may draw any conclusions you like from that statement. I don't know
prices in your area.