Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing control board in Carrier 58TUA Furnace

Lets take a look. Suppose another poster on Usenet says that
price is too high. What you gonna do about it? Suppose we
say it's a good price. What then?

I think that regardless of what people say on the computer,
call two or three other companies for price check. What
counts, is how much it costs in your area, for your furnace.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rebecca" wrote in message
The quote from the HVAC service that I have been using for 7
years is
a whopping $1700 - 1900 to replace the control board on my
furnace
(the ignitor is not getting any power). However, I'm seeing
the
replacement kit (by Carrier) online at about $300-500 from
various
sites. Based on anyone's experience, what should this
*realistically*
be costing me for labor?

Thanks!