Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Old style filament lamps?

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in
:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering,
tubular FLs have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

maybe color rendering isn't that important compared to seeing what you're
doing.The eye/brain manages to compensate,excpet under low light levels.

Besides,tungsten lighting(2700K or 3200K) isn't all that "color accurate"
itself. That's why color photo film came in tungsten variety,for better
color rendering for that color temp lighting. Even digital cameras have a
setting for color temp(my cheapo Polaroid does),not that people use them as
they should.

I can't quantify it, but I have a much brighter tubular floursecent
lamp over my head because of the color problems. It seems I need a lot
more light to read with them than an incadescent one.

Geoff.

you need color rendering accuracy to READ?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik