Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding helmets

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:07:11 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:41:58 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Hey, maybe that's an idea for an invention - a welding hood with a
built-in
cooling fan! I hate it when my forehead sweats under that leather
headband,
and the hood slides all over.

Try a welding cap.

Take a Comeaux cotton welding hat, and when the weather is hot, put ice
water on it, and put it back on. There's about half an hour of relief
there.

When I was working in the early 70's in the oilfield, a weldor brought hand
sewn caps that his wife and in-laws sewed. He sold all he brought every
time. I have written Comeaux about their history to see if it was that same
weldor. Will keep you posted.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

And the "neck wraps" are life savers here in the high desert

I have several that are at least 10 yrs old that I use religiously

http://www.kerchiller.com/

$15 each? Man, you sure don't know how to shop.
I've never seen them for over $5
http://goo.gl/ajEs2 $3.99 here

I swear by 'em in the summer.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs