Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Welding helmets

Bob La Londe wrote:
After I got the auto helmet I discovered my welding got
better and setup was a lot easier. I bought the fancier one myself when
my son
exhibited an interest in welding and signed up for welding in high
school.

My wife gave me one from Northern Tool for Christmas . This is my first , so
I have no basis for comparing , but I love it . Like you , my welds got a
lot better when I started using it .
One thing I found out this week , they do NOT like getting wet . Wind blew
mine off the table in my carport in the storm earlier this week , it got
rained on . Of course it landed lens down , so the water pooled inside . Got
it dried out , and it still works ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps