Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default O.T. Solar power.

On Apr 27, 12:00*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*harry wrote:
As our days
lenghten I will get more power obviously.

It will be interesting to make note of the difference you experience.
I've heard that the installation angle (assuming it's not adjustable) is
usually optimized for winter. In summer you'd get less power per hour,
but for a longer period.

There is a table that sets out orientation (ie degrees East or West of
South) and inclination of the array. On the table are percentages to
reduce the output by as the array diverges from the ideal.

The idea linclination for the UK is 35 deg. (from the horizontal.)
Obiviously a lot less in Florida.
I could send you a table but it would be no good for your area.
The inclination table is optimised for maximum annual power output,
not to partially equalise output over the year. Maybe again less
relevant in Florida.

Tracking devices exist to follow the sun. Not often seen over here.