Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Electric dog fence installation trouble

On Apr 27, 6:40*am, Jstein wrote:
On Apr 26, 6:45*pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Apr 25, 5:50*pm, Jstein wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for your help with a problem I’m having with my
electric dog fence. I recently purchased Innotek’s IUC 5100:

http://www.amazon.com/Innotek-IUC510...round/dp/B004Q....

It would appear that the way in which I want to install the system is
atypical and not recommended by Innotek. I live in a 2 story house
with a basement. My house sits in the center of my plot of land. I
would like to keep the dog (Sadie) out of the back yard and contain
her only in the front.

Realizing that no "invisible" electric fence will prevent aggressive
stray dogs from attacking Sadie, the best solution is to build a chain
link or picket fence around your front yard.

With all due respect, this does not answer my question. That aside, I
have never encountered overly aggressive dogs in my neighborhood, nor
is she left alone for long periods of time.

Barry had already pointed out another pitfall: that if she ignored the
shock to chase, say, a squirrel, she'd not want to return. Did you
skip over the part where he had a physical fence as well as the wire?

But she's only a dog, and getting another one is easy enough, I
suppose. And you have some $300 invested in the underground wire
system that you'd hate to waste. I understand.