Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Lead free solder

Phil Allison wrote:

"Adrian Tuddenham"

Of course. The increased number of failures due solely to solder
joints has kept many a service department busy. Reworking with
"decent" solder is the simplest treatment.

Not in Europe it isn't. There are heavy fines for doing that.

** The fines may exist in theory, but can you show if anyone has been fined
for using the wrong solder for repairs ?

There are many obvious, simple defences to such a charge and almost no way
to get caught.

Get real.

..... Phil

Europeans are the biggest whining sissies on the planet. There's simply no
other way to put it.

I'm in the US, we can do whatever we want with lead.