Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air drying lumber

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 02:13:16 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"JJ" wrote in message
For 8ft long lumber, how many supports should one use when air
drying?

I bought a dozen 2x12 x 8ft boards at the local big box store.
Geez talk about mediocre wood. Most were pretty damp and I am
hoping
it was because they got rained on.

They keep them wet at the store so they don't warp _before_ you buy
them.

I "borrowed" the lath strips that got exposed as I picked through
the
pile. I have eight strips that run almost the full width and laid
those down on the garage floor - a bit over a foot apart.

I'm thinking I will sacrifice some free yard sticks and add those to
the pile.

Thanks,

JJ

What is the species?

Premium, spotted-owl-safe, old-growth SPF.

--
Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences.
No good is ever done in this world by hesitation.