Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garden hose for occasional use -- update

Now, that sounds like real world wisdom. The ladder I'd be
using is fiberglass. It is 300 pound rated, and I weigh
somewhat less than that. Your fall due to the ladder, that
sounds miserable. I'm guessing you're going to be on
ibuprophen for a long time.

The two length of hose I've got now, are some kind of vinyl
with nylon mesh woven in. these have lasted for about 20
years. They have been hanging on the shade side of my
trailer since about 1994. They are reasonably light weight.
My Dad had some rubber hose, which was heavy, stiff, and
clumsy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

If you're using an aluminum step ladder, toss it in the
trash and buy
a good wooden ladder before you go to the roof. In Feb. I
went to my
roof to shovel off the snow, using an aluminum step ladder
in an icy
deck. I finished the roof, but when I stepped on the ladder
the legs
bent and I fell all the way down, and ended up in the
hospital. I
will never use or own another aluminum step ladder. They
are weak and
because they were on a slippery and icy deck, the legs just
buckled.
After I fell, that fu**ing ladder hit me in the face as well
as poking
a hole in my siding. Both rear legs were bent at a 90 deg.
angle away
from the ladder. I'm still cussing at that POS, even though
it went
to the recycler months ago. My back is still sore after
weeks of
physical therapy and meds. I actually crushed a steel
folding chair
when I fell on it.

As far as the hose, get a RUBBER Hose if you want a good
one. They
all kink, but rubber lasts almost forever and wont get stiff
or break
in cold weather. They cost double the price of a
reinforeced plastic
one but last many years. Spend the $30 for a rubber hose
which will
last you at least 12 years, rather than $15 for a plastic
that will
last 2 or 3 years. In the end, you come out ahead.