Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT The Cloud

Metspitzer wrote the following:
Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have found
a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage. I have
started scanning receipts and putting them on "The Cloud" This will
come in handy if I have an insurance claim or warranty claim.

If you scan the image as a jpg, you can use MsPaint to black out any
credit card info.

I also use Yahoo calendar to record big purchases with a 1 year
reminder. This is a pretty good way to keep up with how long
something is under warranty.

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Buy an external HD that is connected to your computer vis USB. You can
get them in many capacities cheaply.
Seagate has a 500 Gigabyte external HD for $60. Put all your valuable
stuff on there for storage. Pull the USB plug until you need to store or
retrieve your data.
Storing your data on some server that can access your data is not very
secure.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY