Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Lead free solder

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Of course. The increased number of failures due solely
to solder joints has kept many a service department busy.
Reworking with "decent" solder is the simplest treatment.

Not in Europe it isn't. There are heavy fines for doing that.

How would the government know? Are there solder Nazis breaking into service
shops, looking for rolls of illicit lead-based solder?

I hate callbacks. I would use lead-based solder on repairs.

The usual way the system operates is to pick on some luckless individual
who hasn't the resources to fight back and smash him to pieces in public
so it frightens everyone else. That's the way radio hams were kept in
line by the U.K. Post Office.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk